Besant Hill School of Happy Valley is a unique private coed college prep boarding school with a beautiful campus located 90 minutes northwest of Los Angeles in Ojai, California.
Besant Hill School seeks qualified men and women who have the desire, motivation, and skills to enrich the student experience at our high school. Candidates should be creative, resourceful, and optimistic. As a boarding school with students from around the world, we seek candidates who have a deep appreciation and respect for the privilege of teaching and being role models to adolescents with many backgrounds.
Besant Hill School does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, race, creed, color, gender or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, scholarships, loans, and other school programs. Besant Hill School is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Academics
The Director of Academics reports to the Head of School. Responsibilities include the following:
- To maintain congruence between the school’s mission statement and all academic activities.
- To act as the academic leader of the school, responsible for its day-to-day operation: scheduling of students, overseeing of the academic advising and monitoring student academic progress; keeping close tabs on the academic concerns list and taking action when necessary; coordinating the efforts of department heads and the curriculum committee, etc.
- To observe, supervise, and evaluate the faculty in the development of their teaching and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs.
- To oversee and direct the activities of the department chairs.
- To ensure compliance with legal requirements of government regulations and agencies; to maintain the educational standards established by the UC system and by those agencies that examine and accredit the school (WASC/CAIS).
- To make recommendations to the head of school regarding the hiring and retention, and the assignment of faculty, as well as overseeing the interview process.
- To establish programs for the orientation of new teachers, for in-service training of all teachers, and for the evaluation of classroom teachers, to ensure that teachers are familiar with and adhere to school policies in all areas of the school operation.
- To conduct regular meetings with faculty and department chairs, which will deal both with routine school matters and with the stimulating exchange of ideas on issues of educational/philosophical interest and concern.
- To oversee the coordination of the co-curricular and extra-curricular activity programs of the school; to assist in the planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs; to assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; to keep the entire school community informed of various school programs and activities.
- To provide for the academic guidance of students; to work with the college counselor to maintain complete academic records on all students; to oversee the grading and reporting of standards and methods used by teachers in measuring student achievement.
- To prepare a master school class schedule and to assign teachers and students to classes and other obligations.
- To serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and general school procedures.
- Assist in the admission process for the testing and evaluating of applicants for enrollment.
- To work with and support the Director of Instructional Support and Director of International Programs
- To prepare and organize the Commendations Awards Ceremony.
- To lead by example and model the expected tone for the school.
- To support the school and its leadership.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Assistant Director of Dining Services
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for oversight of day to day activities in the kitchen.
- Performs day to day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please reply by sending your resume online or you may apply in person M-F between 9am and 4pm at the school office at 8585 Ojai Santa Paula Road.
Our kitchen support will:
- Support entire dining staff
- Serve meals buffet-style
- Clean, stock, and assist with dish washing and food prep
Please email your resume or apply in-person at 8585 Ojai Santa Paula Rd., Ojai, CA 93023 (9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday)