Besant Hill School of Happy Valley is a unique private coed college prep boarding school with a beautiful campus located 90 minutes northwest of Los Angeles in Ojai, California.
Besant Hill School seeks qualified men and women who have the desire, motivation, and skills to enrich the student experience at our high school. Candidates should be creative, resourceful, and optimistic. As a boarding school with students from around the world, we seek candidates who have a deep appreciation and respect for the privilege of teaching and being role models to adolescents with many backgrounds.
Besant Hill School does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, race, creed, color, gender or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, scholarships, loans, and other school programs. Besant Hill School is an equal opportunity employer.
Design & Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Advancement and External Affairs
Status: Salaried, full-time, 12 month position
Purpose: To plan, design and execute all aspects of marketing materials and programs that enhance the visibility and public perception of the school. Organize activities that support the admission, marketing and development objectives.
- Develop, plan and execute a strategic marketing plan in collaboration with the Director Advancement and External Affairs.
- Manage all external marketing related communications, with a strong focus on developing new student/family prospects, and strengthening brand identity within the local and remote communities.
- Work closely with the Advancement and Development Directors to design and produce materials that support the school’s enrollment and fundraising objectives.
Design, manage, write and oversee production of all school print and marketing materials, e.g., the viewbook, directory, annual report, seasonal magazine, weekly newsletter, and summer brochure.
- Assist in the collection, analysis and reporting of key industry metrics, market share, and competitive research.
- Working with the Director of Advancement and External Affairs and other division directors, develop, create and track parent survey responses using Survey Monkey.
- Track and report the efficacy of the school’s marketing efforts.
- Track marketing efforts of local competitors.
- Attend school events to gather source information, including photographs for marketing materials and school publication.
- Maintain and update the content of the school’s internal and external websites.
- Serve to ensure that a common voice and common look is represented in all written publications.
- Propose and execute an effective marketing strategy in collaboration with the Director of
- Advancement and External Affairs.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Advancement and External Affairs.
- Maintain an archival record of published articles, ads, etc. Route copies to appropriate parties.
- Maintain a database of publications and internet sites to which we submit press releases.
- Collect and publish information regarding upcoming school activities or current events for the Weekly newsletter and the Besant Hill website.
- Work with the Director of Advancement and External Affairs to establish and execute audience-centric strategies for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related discipline.
- 5 years progressive experience in design, marketing, communications or public relations, preferably in a non-profit or independent school environment.
- Proven success in creating and developing marketing materials, both print and web.
- High energy, self-starter with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruptions and required interfacing with a diverse clientele of parents, colleagues and vendors.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on creativity.
- Excellent oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- Must possess a keen eye for photo composition and framing for publications and advertising.
- Versed in graphic and web design.
- Familiarity with video editing.
If interested, please send your resume with a cover letter indicating salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of School
Besant Hill School is seeking an enthusiastic educational leader who is authentically aligned with the Founders’ vision of an intellectual, creative educational community and who will embrace the school’s mission to serve as its next Head of School beginning July 2019. Besant Hill is a little school with a rich, intriguing history, engaged community, and an array of great programs; it is, however, not a “little” job. This small, residential school with an international population and dynamic initiatives requires a multi-‐talented and highly energized, engaged leader—a person who can coach or cheer on the sidelines of a game, enjoy an outdoor trip, dig in the dirt on Project Day, travel to Asia, make a big ask, and lead the school’s council meetings with authenticity—while knowing every student, faculty, and staff member.
For Consideration Please send electronically: Resume, Letter of Interest and Educational Philosophy and/or Personal Statement to:
All inquiries will be treated confidentially and review of candidate files will begin immediately.