Besant Hill School seeks qualified men and women who have the desire, motivation, and skills to enrich the student experience at our school. Candidates should be creative, resourceful, and optimistic. As a boarding school with students from around the world, we seek candidates who have a deep appreciation and respect for the privilege of teaching and being role models to adolescents with many backgrounds.
Besant Hill School does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, race, creed, color, gender or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, scholarships, loans, and other school programs. Besant Hill School is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Health Services
The Director of Health Services is responsible for coordinating the overall healthcare needs of Besant Hill School students. This includes evaluation, management, and treatment of illnesses and/or injuries and the education of students on health related matters. The Director of Health Services is responsible for all student health care administration in consultation with the Assistant Head of School and local physicians/providers.
Education and Certification:
- RN required, BSN prefered
- Current CPR/AED for the professional rescuer certification (CPR instructor certification preferred)
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills required to work effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration
- Demonstrates professionalism required to maintain appropriate communication and relationships with local physicians, health care providers, hospitals, and Emergency Medical personnel
- Supervises and coordinate care for all ill or injured students both during the regular academic year and the school’s summer programs
- Reports status of ill/injured students to parents and the Assistant Head of School in a timely manner
- Schedules and coordinates all student health related appointments and corresponding transportation
- Orders and maintains, inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Keeps health services area clean, safe, organized, and in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Maintains online student medical records and submits injury reports as required, and in compliance with, HIPPA. Maintains medical records which document all aspects of a students health care while a student at Besant Hill School. This includes notes or actions from medical appointments, prescription administration and communication with parents or guardians
- Establishes and enforces key components of the school’s Emergency Action Plan as directed by the Assistant Head of School
- Secures, organizes and maintains student health, insurance, and permission to treat forms in the Health Center in conjunction with the Student Affairs office
- Determines (in consultation with physician) a student’s ability to participate in school activities such as athletics
- With the Director of Athletics, coordinates appropriate medical coverage for all home athletic games.
- Expectation that the Director of Health Services will be involved in dormitory supervision and/or any other duties expected in a boarding school environment.
- Attend all required school commitments such as meetings, meals, performances, and activities.
For all inquiries, or to submit a resume, please email email@example.com.
Lead Cook, Full Time
Besant Hill School of Happy Valley (BHS) currently has an opening for a full-time cook, senior position. As a private boarding and day school with resident students and faculty, our dining staff must be flexible and willing to work both day and evening shifts including weekends. Applicants must have culinary experience and prior supervisor experience is ideal. We are committed to nurturing our staff’s talents and offer many fantastic benefits including health insurance. DOJ background checks are required of all BHS employees.
Our dining team takes pride in preparing tasty, nutritious meals using fresh, local ingredients whenever possible. Organic, seasonal produce is sourced directly from Rio Gozo Farm who cultivate five-acres on campus. Our chefs enjoy a close relationship with Rio Gozo Farm and collaboration on growing special ingredients is a unique and exciting aspect of meal preparation and planning at BHS.
Please review the details below and if you feel like this could be a good fit, please visit our school during office hours from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday, to fill out an employment application.
Prepares food to ensure it is nutritious and properly flavored in accordance with applicable federal, state, local and company standards, guidelines and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May oversee the cooking activities of food service associates as assigned by Food Service Director.
- Prepares various entrees and menu items following established recipes.
- Operates and cleans equipment after each use. Performs scheduled routine cleaning.
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy. Helps maintain organized storage of dry goods and refrigerated and frozen products.
- Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Assists Food Service Director in maintaining accurate daily production records and completes all required documentation, reports, and logs as assigned.
- Assists in the cross training of employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good Verbal Communication Skills
- Must work well with others
- Productivity and Time-Management Skills
- Emotional Control
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Have Own Transportation
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
If you feel like this could be a good fit, please visit our school during office hours from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday, to fill out an employment application.