Whether you are taking this class for the art of dance or for the exercise, this newly formatted dance class will get you up and on your feet throughout the year.
From the first steps on the dance floor to performing in the Spring Musical, you will:
- Learn different combinations from musicals
- Gain confidence for dance auditions
- Learn jazz, ballet, and musical theatre dance techniques
- Learn to break-down dance audition combinations
- Develop physical strength and become performance savvy
- Become familiar with dance vocabulary
Fall and Winter
A diverse blending of dance styles will be introduced to the class, including but not limited to: Musical Theatre, jazz, tap, ballet, modern, Renaissance, Alexander Technique, Laban, and Yoga.
Students will gain more confidence through a wide variety of movement experiences. They will develop more physical control, coordination, musicality, and stamina. Powers of concentration will be enhanced through learning and practicing movement sequences. In addition, creative and communication skills will be fully used and developed in the movement studies.
The focus of the class this season is the Spring Musical. All students who are in this class during Spring will have a role in the musical.
I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.